The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Last Updated: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 > Related Articles
Learn about the available ports and the status lights on a Netgear C3000 WiFi modem.
For installation instructions, refer to the following articles.
The Netgear C3000 has the following ports available on the back of the gateway.
- RESET - Use this button in the unlikely event that you want to restore the default factory settings. This button is recessed to prevent accidental resets of your WiFi modem. See Netgear's support article for steps on how to reset your device to factory settings.
- USB - Connects to selected client devices
- ETHERNET - Two ports connect to the Ethernet port on your computer or home network
- CABLE - Connects to the cable wall outlet
- POWER - Connects the device to the power adapter
- POWER ON / OFF - Turns the device on and off
This button lets you use WPS to join the WiFi network without typing the WiFi password.
The WPS LED blinks during this process and then lights solid.
|WiFi ON / OFF||Off||WiFi disabled||Pressing this button for two seconds turns the WiFi radio on and off.|
|On||None - WiFi enabled||N/A|
|POWER||Off||No power||Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem. If cable is OK and modem reset does not work, contact Customer Support.|
|Off||No downstream channel locked||Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem. If cable is OK and modem reset does not work, contact Customer Support.|
|Blinking Green||Scanning for downstream channel||Verify all cable connections and try resetting the modem. If cable is OK and modem reset does not work, contact Customer Support.|
|Solid Green||None - connection from the computer to the Internet established on one channel||N/A|
|Off||No upstream channel locked|
|Blinking Green||Scanning for upstream channel|
|Solid Green||None - connection from the Internet to the computer established on one channel||N/A|
|Solid Green||None - cable WiFi modem operational||N/A|
|Slow Blink||None - cable WiFi modem receiving DHCP information||N/A|
|Fast Blink||None - cable WiFi modem downloading a configuration file||N/A|
2.4 Ghz WiFi
|Off||2.4 Ghz radio off||N/A|
|Solid Green||None - 2.4 Ghz radio on||N/A|
|ETHERNET||Off||No device connected to an Ethernet port|
|Solid Green||None - powered-on device connected to an Ethernet port|
|USB||Off||No device connected via USB|
|On||A device connected via USB and ready for use|
The Netgear C3000 comes configured with wireless security. By default, the Netgear home networking gateway supports up to 802.11n wireless standards and uses WPA / WPA2 wireless security settings. The SSID and Passphrase are printed on the label on the gateway.
- The SSID on the gateway is the same as the last 6 characters of the Wireless MAC address.
- The Passphrase is the same as the 9-digit serial number of the home networking gateway.