The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Deleting or Restoring Contacts in Enhanced WebMail
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 > Related Articles
Learn how to delete contacts, and restore them once deleted.
If you want to delete contacts in Enhanced WebMail you can do so in the normal Contacts column, or under the Advanced tab using the Universal Contact Manager (UCM).
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Enhanced WebMail for more articles.
You cannot restore contacts in the normal Contacts view once they are deleted. You can only restore contacts you deleted within the Universal Contact Manager. Permanently-deleted contacts cannot be restored in UCM. See Restore Contacts in Universal Contact Manager.
- Sign in to webmail.cox.net.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Click the Enhanced WebMail radio button.
- Click the Sign In button.
- Click the contact you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the column.
As the deletion request is processing a confirmation message displays. Click Delete or Cancel if you changed your mind.
You cannot restore contacts in this view once they are deleted. See How to Restore Contacts in Universal Contact Manager below.
Click the Advanced tab at the bottom of the Contacts column.
Result: The UCM window displays.
- In the UCM window, put a check next to the contact you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
Note: Continue to Step 2 only if you want to permanently delete your contacts.
- To permanently delete your contacts, click the Deleted Items button.
- Check all contacts you want to permanently delete.
Once your contacts are permanently deleted you cannot restore them.
- Click Delete All.
- On the confirmation page, click Continue.
- Click the Deleted Items button.
- Put a check next to all the contacts you want to restore.
- Click the Restore button.
- Check your Contact list in UCM to ensure all contacts were restored.