The Internet should add convenience, not headaches. From step-by-step instructions to helpful tips, we'll help you install your equipment, troubleshoot problems, and get the most out of your online experience – minus the migraine.
Searching for Email Messages in Classic WebMail
Last Updated: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 > Related Articles
Learn how to search for email messages in Classic WebMail.
Looking for a particular message in your Inbox? Find it faster using the Search button in Classic WebMail.
Before beginning, make sure you are signed in to Classic WebMail.
- Go to webmail.cox.net.
- Enter User ID and Password.
- Click the Classic WebMail radio button.
- Click Sign In.
Not what you were looking for? See Using Cox Classic WebMail for more articles.
- From the WebMail Inbox, click Search.
- In the Search for: field, enter a word or phrase to help you find the message, such as the sender's name.
- Choose from the following search options for where the search looks for that word or phrase.
- Subject field
- From field
- To field
- Message body
- Place a check in the Match Case box to search using matching upper and lower case letters with your search word or phrase.
Note: If you enter "Bob" in the Search for: field and check the Match Case box, the search finds "Bob" but not "bob."
- In the Search in: fields, place a check by each folder in which you want to search. To search all the folders, place a check in the Search all folders box.
Note: You must choose a folder in order to obtain results.
- Click OK.
- If email messages are found that meet the criteria of your search, they display in the Search Results window.
- If no email messages are found, the Search Results window displays No Messages. To refine your search, click Search again.